My phrase that I selected for 2020 was SAVOR. Little did I dream how a lot of my 12 months was going to have the ability to stay that phrase out so actually!
From a lot time at house and so many issues cancelled, to a lot time spent rocking and holding and feeding infants, to a lot surprising household time, this 12 months was the proper 12 months to decide on to savor the items proper in entrance of me.
Our 12 months appeared very completely different in so some ways — and sure, there was loss and exhausting issues — however I look again and see a lot magnificence, a lot progress, and a lot to be glad about!
In this final podcast for 2020, Jesse and I shared 10 Things We Learned in 2020. Here was our listing (I do know there are extra issues we might add, however that is what got here to thoughts as we mirrored on the 12 months):
10 Things We Learned in 2020
- God Gives Grace for the Present Not the Future — If we had recognized what 2020 would maintain, we in all probability would have felt overwhelmed by it. But, as we realized, God doesn’t offer you grace for the long run, He provides grace for immediately.
- Jesse Can Thrive on Less Sleep Than He Realized — Jesse has all the time wanted extra sleep than me. But this 12 months, he acquired up each single night time with a child for months on every — and he realized that, when wanted, he can thrive on much less sleep. (I believe it’s additionally linked to level #1, too!)
- I Can Have a Baby Without Having Postpartum Depression — I’ve all the time struggled with fairly intense PPD and nervousness for months after having a child. This time round, we approached issues very in a different way and I had virtually zero PPD or nervousness! It was wonderful!
- Foster Care is Brutal But Beautiful — This was one of the crucial emotionally stretching years we’ve ever walked by way of. Falling in love and advocating exhausting for a kid solely to say goodbye is brutal, however the recollections and classes we realized and the way our hearts have been ceaselessly modified as a household is so stunning. Plus, we now have a candy boy AND his mama to like — which is such a present!
- Turning 40 Is Not a Terrible Thing — Jesse turned the massive 4-0 and he survived simply nice. 🙂
- I Am Not the Workaholic I Once Was — I labored lots fewer hours this 12 months and frightened lots much less about all issues operating a enterprise. And it was wonderful! I spotted that I used to spend so much of time investing in and stressing over issues that actually don’t matter in the long term.
- Jesse Discovered That Audiobooks Really Are Amazing — I’ve been attempting to persuade him of this for a very long time, so this was an enormous victory… after all, then it meant that he ended up virtually beating me within the variety of audiobooks listened to!
- I’m More Extroverted Than I Realized — Having so many issues cancelled and spending a lot time at house taught me to worth and admire group a lot extra. AND, it helped me to appreciate that whereas I’ll all the time be an introvert at coronary heart, I actually, actually love being round life-giving folks. Zoom is simply no substitute for face-to-face group.
- Teaching a Teen to Drive is Not as Hard as We Envisioned — Jesse and I’ve each gotten to tag workforce collectively on educating Kathrynne to drive and it hasn’t been as exhausting or as scary as we envisioned it may be. (Jesse has carried out much more of the educating than me and he’s truly actually loved it!)
- We Really Like Each Other — This may seem to be a bizarre factor to placed on our listing of issues we’ve realized, however with on a regular basis we spent at house this 12 months, we found anew simply how a lot we like one another and the way we simply love hanging out collectively.
Listen in to the episode to listen to us share our perspective and much more particulars on every of those classes.
In This Episode:
[00:36] In this episode, we’re reflecting on 10 issues we realized in 2020.
[02:12] The first is that God provides grace for the current not the long run.
[07:26] Jesse realized that he can thrive on much less sleep than he realized.
[10:13] I realized that I can have a child with out having PPD.
[16:14] Foster care is brutal however stunning.
[19:57] Turning 40 just isn’t a horrible factor.
[22:49] I’m not the workaholic that I as soon as was.
[26:29] Audiobooks actually are wonderful.
[27:45] I’ve discovered that I’m extra extroverted than I assumed.
[29:25] Did you recognize educating a teen to drive just isn’t as exhausting as you may assume?
[31:56] One of the best classes we’ve realized is that we actually like one another.
[35:29] A fast quote to shut out the 12 months.
Links and Resources:
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love so that you can observe me there! I often hop on a minimum of a couple of occasions per day and share behind-the-scenes images and movies, my grocery retailer hauls, humorous tales, or simply something I’m pondering or would really like your recommendation or suggestions on!)
- Have suggestions on the present or solutions for future episodes or matters? Send me an e mail: email@example.com
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is out there on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can hear on-line by way of the direct participant right here. OR, a a lot simpler method to hear is by subscribing to the podcast by way of a free podcast app in your telephone. (Find directions for the best way to subscribe to a podcast right here.)
Ready to dive in and hear? Hit the participant above or seek for “The Crystal Paine Show” in your favourite podcast app.