— Brad Anderson, a longtime Microsoft company vp, has joined Qualtrics as president of services and products.
A 17-year veteran of the Redmond firm, Anderson was most just lately a key Microsoft 365 chief, overseeing areas together with engineering and deployment of Windows for giant companies, and PC and cellular system safety. He joined Microsoft in 2003 as a basic supervisor after 12 years at Novell. He’s additionally the host of the video interview collection, “The Shiproom.”
Anderson will likely be changed at Microsoft by Harvinder (Harv) Bhela, company vp of Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance, experiences Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet.
He is is considered one of a number of new executives introduced by Qualtrics as the corporate prepares to spin out from enterprise tech large SAP via an preliminary public providing. Founded in Provo, Utah, Qualtrics employs greater than 3,300 individuals and established a co-headquarters in Seattle in 2017. Businesses use its expertise administration platform to gather knowledge on how clients, workers and others expertise their services and products, taking motion primarily based on the outcomes.
“Companies that are intentionally designing and optimizing the experiences they provide are pulling ahead. Leaders that use employee and customer experience data are running better businesses,” Anderson wrote on LinkedIn, saying his new position. “An experience management platform is not just additive, it’s critical.”
Other govt hires introduced by Qualtrics embrace:
• Stephanie Barton as managing director of the EMEA area. She was most just lately a VP at VMware.
• Former AT&T SVP Abhi Ingle as COO of income operations, pre-sales and business.
• Julia Anas as chief individuals officer. Anas was beforehand VP of worker expertise at Adobe.
• Edward Chen as head of company growth and technique. He led company growth at Twilio for the previous 5 years.
• Gina Sheibley as chief communications officer. She was most just lately SVP of company communications at Salesforce.
Acquired by SAP for $8 billion in 2018, Qualtrics filed to go public in December at a valuation as much as $14.4 billion. Last summer time, SAP mentioned it meant to spin out Qualtrics right into a public firm and would proceed to personal 80% of the corporate after the IPO. Qualtrics raised the anticipated worth vary for its IPO this week, saying it will likely be between $22 and $26 per share, up from $20 to $24 beforehand.
— San Francisco-based Databricks appointed former Axiom CEO Elena Donio to its board. The former Concur govt left her position as CEO at New York City-based Axiom final yr and returned to the West Coast. She continued to serve on Axiom’s board via 2020 however stepped down this month.
Donio additionally sits on the board of cloud communications platform Twilio. She spent greater than 18 years at Concur, most just lately as president.
— Former Microsoft Dynamics 365 CTO Sri Srinivasan joined Redwood, Calif.-based Zuora as chief product and engineering officer. The publicly-traded firm offers cloud-based software program for subscription companies.
Srinivasan spent greater than 12 years at Microsoft and relies in Redmond, Wash. He was most just lately SVP and GM of the workforce collaboration group at Cisco, which incorporates Webex Meetings.
— Seattle occasion expertise startup eventcore employed Chris Emerson as VP of gross sales and advertising. Based within the San Francisco Bay Area, Emerson was most just lately a regional director for Cvent, a serious participant within the occasion administration expertise business.
Founded in 1984, eventcore presently has 60 workers and supplied the registration platform for the all-virtual Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
— Seattle-based funding financial institution Cascadia Capital promoted Scott Porter and Matthew Riendeau to managing director.
Porter was beforehand a vp at Moss Adams Capital and joined Cascadia Capital in 2017. He is within the agency’s meals, beverage and agriculture group. Riendeau has been with Cascadia Capital for greater than a decade and is within the expertise group.
— Jonah-Kai Hancock has joined caller ID startup Hiya as head of digital demand era. Hancock was most just lately head of selling at Seattle startup Algorithmia and beforehand a advertising director at Tune, one other Seattle startup.
“Hiya already has an impressive roster of customers and their growth has accelerated over the past several months as voice has become even more critical to how we connect to each other,” Hancock informed GeekWire in an e mail.
Hiya spun out of Whitepages in 2016.
— Startup veteran Emily Carrion has landed at Bellevue, Wash.-based startup Esper as VP of selling. Carrion was most just lately chief advertising officer at Rubica, which shut down late final yr. She beforehand led advertising at Seattle startups Textio, Apptentive and Mixpo.
Founded in 2018 and led by ex-Microsoft and Amazon leaders, Esper raised a $7.6 million Series A funding spherical led by Madrona Venture Group final yr. In a publish on LinkedIn, Carrion mentioned everybody from the Rubica workforce has discovered new roles.
Other current Tech Moves from throughout the Pacific Northwest:
- Seattle-based AVM Biotechnology appointed Manon Cox as its new CEO and Gary Grohmann as chief regulatory officer. Founder and former CEO Theresa Deisher will stay chairman of the board and function president and chief scientific officer.
- Geologist Jon Major assumed the five-year publish because the scientist-in-charge of the U.S. Geological Survey Cascades Volcano Observatory, which displays volcanoes in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
- Everett, Wash.-based crewed submersible supplier OceanGate Expeditions introduced skilled Irish diver Rory Golden as an expeditionary skilled on its 2021 Titanic survey expedition.
- Comcast appointed Juan Key as senior director of enterprise growth in Washington, main a brand new built-in workforce chargeable for residential and business development alternatives.