Gulf leaders signed a “solidarity and stability” settlement in the direction of ending the diplomatic rift with Qatar at a summit in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
The announcement was made on the Gulf Arab leaders assembly in Saudi Arabia, with the annual summit going down amid a breakthrough within the dispute between a Saudi-led bloc and Qatar that began in June 2017.
Leaders of the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council signed the Al-Ula declaration, named after the Saudi metropolis the place the summit is being held, and a ultimate communique.
This is the English translation of cdropping assertion of the summit in full:
In response to the gracious invitation from the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, could God defend him, the Supreme Council held its forty first summit within the metropolis of Al Ula on Tuesday, twenty first Jumada I, 1442 AH, akin to January 5, 2021.
The Summit was chaired by His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and was attended by their Highnesses:
· His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai.
· His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and Prime Minister of Bahrain.
· His Highness Sayyid Fahd bin Mahmoud Al Said, the Deputy Prime Minister for Cabinet Affairs within the Sultanate of Oman.
· His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, the Emir of the State of Qatar.
· His Highness Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Emir of the State of Kuwait.
HE Dr Nayef Falah Al-Hajraf, the Secretary General additionally participated within the assembly.
1. The Supreme Council expressed its deep unhappiness and grief over the loss of life of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Saeed bin Timur, could God have mercy on his soul. The lifetime of the late Sultan of Oman was crammed with nice works and achievements, and his journey was stuffed with honest contributions and tireless work in the direction of the progress and prosperity of the Sultanate of Oman and its individuals. The Council provided its honest condolences and sympathy to the Sultanate of Oman, its management, authorities and folks, and to the Arab and Islamic nations as an entire for this nice loss. The Council showcased the function of the late Sultan in selling the journey of the Gulf Cooperation Council, alongside together with his fellow leaders of the GCC states, and his nice efforts in serving the Arab and Islamic causes, and selling regional and world peace.
2. The Supreme Council expressed its deep unhappiness and grief over the loss of life of His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Emir of the State of Kuwait, could God have mercy on his soul. The lifetime of the late Emir was crammed with nice works and achievements, and his journey was stuffed with honest contributions and tireless work in the direction of the progress and prosperity of the State of Kuwait and its individuals. The Council provided its honest condolences and sympathy to the State of Kuwait, its management, authorities and folks, and to the Arab and Islamic nations as an entire for this nice loss. The Council showcased the function of the late Emir in selling the journey of the Gulf Cooperation Council, alongside together with his fellow leaders of the GCC states, and his nice efforts in serving the Arab and Islamic causes, and selling regional and world peace.
3. The Supreme Council expressed its honest condolences and sympathy to the Kingdom of Bahrain on the loss of life of His Royal Highness Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain, May God have mercy on his soul, recalling the achievements of the late Prince in selling joint Gulf actions.
4. The Supreme Council welcomed His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tariq bin Taimur Al Said, the Sultan of Oman, could God defend him, and expressed its full confidence that His Majesty, together with his knowledge, will improve the lively participation of the Sultanate of Oman in pushing ahead the blessed march of the Gulf Cooperation Council and reaching its noble objectives, alongside together with his fellow leaders of the GCC states, by sustaining the safety of the GCC and preserving the methods to realize stability.
5. The Supreme Council welcomed His Highness Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Emir of the State of Kuwait, could God defend him, and expressed its full confidence that His Highness, together with his knowledge, will improve the lively participation of the State of Kuwait in pushing ahead the blessed march of the Gulf Cooperation Council and reaching its noble objectives, alongside together with his fellow leaders of the GCC states, by sustaining the safety of the GCC and preserving the methods to realize stability and prosperity for the GCC states and their peoples.
6. The Supreme Council congratulated the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, could God defend him, for his Chairmanship of the forty first Summit of the GCC, expressing its appreciation for the keenness and curiosity contained in his opening speech to push ahead the march in the direction of joint cooperation of the GCC states in all areas.
7. The Supreme Council expressed its deep appreciation and gratitude for the super and honest efforts made by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, could God defend him, and his esteemed authorities, through the United Arab Emirates’ chairmanship of the fortieth Summit of the GCC, and the vital steps taken and achievements made. The Council congratulated His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain, could God defend him, on the Kingdom of Bahrain’s chairmanship of the forty first Summit of the GCC, wishing the nation success in selling the journey of the Cooperation Council in all fields.
8. The Supreme Council highlighted its curiosity in strengthening and selling the cohesion of the Cooperation Council, in addition to the unity amongst its members, that are linked by particular relationships and customary traditions based mostly on the Islamic religion and Arab tradition. The Cooperation Council can be linked by a shared future and a single function, which unites their peoples collectively, and a need to realize extra harmonisation, integration and interdependence between them in all fields. This is made doable by the Council’s benevolent march to realize the objectives of the residents of the GCC states. The council pressured that its members stand united within the face of any potential menace to any of the GCC states.
9. The Supreme Council praised the honest efforts made by His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Emir of the State of Kuwait, could God have mercy on his soul, to heal the rift between the member states. The Council expressed its appreciation and gratitude for the efforts of His Highness Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Emir of the State of Kuwait, could God defend him, in addition to the efforts made by the guy nation, the United States of America, on this regard.
10. The Supreme Council welcomed the signing of the Al-Ula Declaration, which goals to strengthen the unity and solidarity between the member states, restore the traditional joint Gulf actions, and protect the safety and stability of the area.
11. The Supreme Council congratulated the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the success of the 2020 G20 Riyadh summit, which was held nearly and chaired by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, could God defend him. The Council appreciated the distinctive efforts made by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia throughout its chairmanship of G20 Summit, proving its pivotal management and function in making ready and managing the work of the summit and the conferences that passed off on all ranges, regardless of the well being circumstances imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Summit produced vital choices within the well being, financial, political and social fields, which can mirror positively on the assist and promotion of International cooperation in dealing with crises and dealing in the direction of a greater future for all.
12. The Supreme Council counseled the steps taken to lift the extent of illustration of the Saudi-Bahraini coordination, to be headed by their Royal Highnesses, the Crown Princes of the 2 nations. The Council welcomed the constructive outcomes of the Joint Coordination Council assembly held on December 24, 2020, which goals to boost the joint bilateral relations in a manner that promotes the mixing of the 2 sister states, and push ahead the march in the direction of joint objectives and aspirations of the GCC states and their peoples. The Council additionally welcomed the appointment of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, as Prime Minister of Bahrain, wishing him success in performing his duties.
13. The Supreme Council counseled United Arab Emirates’ Hope Probe area mission that may attain Mars subsequent February, and the launch of the Barakah nuclear energy station beneath UAE’s Peaceful Nuclear Energy Program, as these initiatives emphasise the curiosity in science, know-how, renewable vitality and area exploration, which promote improvement. The council pressured the significance of the change of expertise between the member states in these areas.
14. The Supreme Council declared its full assist for the success of the United Arab Emirates’ internet hosting of the Expo 2020 Dubai. The council pressured that the success of this international occasion is successful for all GCC states and its peoples, by organizing main occasions that improve dialogue and facilitate communication between cultures, firmly establishing the area’s place as a global hub for enterprise.
15. The Supreme Council took word of the announcement of His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, the Emir of the State of Qatar, could God defend him, to carry the Shura Council elections subsequent October, praising this step. The council pressured the significance of coordination and cooperation between legislative chambers of the GCC states.
16. The Supreme Council congratulated the State of Qatar on the election of HE Mr. Ahmad Bin Abdulla Bin Zaid Al Mahmoud, the Speaker of the Shura Council, as Board Chair of the Global Conference of Parliamentarians Against Corruption for the interval of 2019-2021.
17. The Supreme Council praised the preparations made by the State of Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup, reaffirming its assist for the State of Qatar in something that results in the success of the upcoming World Cup.
18. The Supreme Council counseled the State of Qatar’s internet hosting of the Horticultural Expo 2021, themed “Green Desert, Better Environment”, which is to be held in Doha from 2nd October 2023 to twenty eighth March 2024. The Expo goals to encourage progressive options, scale back desertification, assist agriculture, and promote environmental consciousness and sustainability in desert areas.
19. The Supreme Council congratulated the US President-elect Joe Biden on successful the presidential election. The Council said its aspiration to strengthen the historic and strategic relations with the United States of America and work collectively to realize peace and stability within the area and the world. The Council additionally prolonged its needs for the guy American individuals to realize progress and prosperity beneath the management of the president.
Measures taken by the GCC states to manage the COVID-19 pandemic
20. The Supreme Council prolonged thanks and appreciation for all personnel on the forefront of the well being and medical groups, safety males, civil protection and feminine and male volunteers for the sacrifices and contributions they’re extending to cope with coronavirus pandemic, paying tribute to the souls of the victims who’ve sacrificed for the protection of others.
21. The Supreme Council reviewed the most recent developments and well being and preventive measures to include coronavirus pandemic within the GCC states, lauding the nice efforts being exerted by the part businesses within the GCC states, citing the high-level preparedness and supervision and future forecast to curb the destructive impacts of the pandemic in any respect ranges, emanating from the keenness of the GCC leaders to look at human rights and protect the well being and security of residents inside and out of doors in addition to expatriates on their territories.
22. The Supreme Council appreciated the dedication of GCC residents and residents and their response to directions and precautionary measures to scale back the consequences of the pandemic. The Supreme Council pressured the significance of the collective response and cooperation with worldwide and regional organizations in addition to brotherly and pleasant nations to confront these challenges and work to supply vaccines to forestall this virus, and to deal with the contaminated.
23. The Supreme Council praised the precautionary measures being taken by the GCC nations and the financial, social and well being measures that have been mentioned by the related ministerial committees, to boost joint motion and collective considering to cope with the repercussions of the disaster and its financial and social impacts. The Supreme Council appreciated what the GCC General Secretariat has carried out on this regard and affirming the continuation of deepening cooperation and integration within the financial and developmental area among the many GCC states.
24. The Supreme Council highlighted the necessity to proceed supporting medical facilities and amenities within the GCC nations to face future well being threats to protect the well being of residents and residents of the GCC states.
25. The supreme council expressed its appreciation of the member states for his or her solidarity on the regional stage and assist for worldwide efforts to handle the COVID-19 pandemic, by way of their beneficiant assist to humanitarian and medical organisations and businesses, in addition to to the affected nations and peoples, stressing the significance of continuous international collective cooperation and coordination to face the implications of this pandemic.
26. The Supreme Council pressured the significance of mobilising and intensifying the collective efforts of the GCC nations in all fields, and the continuity of the tempo of labor and the digital holding of conferences, in case they weren’t held in attendance regarding all of the committees working inside the framework of the GCC at its numerous ranges.
27. The Supreme Council pressured the significance of strengthening cooperation with worldwide and regional organisations and exchanging experiences in combating the COVID-19 pandemic and addressing its financial and social impacts.
28. The Supreme Council directed the General Secretariat to finish monitoring and documenting the efforts of the GCC nations to confront the COVID-19 pandemic in a number of fields, develop an digital info base to doc these efforts and put together complete experiences to be circulated and revealed.
Vision of the custodian of the 2 Holy Mosques
29. The Supreme Council expressed its satisfaction with the progress made in implementing the imaginative and prescient of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, which promotes and prompts joint Gulf actions, as outlined by the Supreme Council through the thirty sixth GCC Summit held in December 2015.
30. The Supreme Council assigned all ministerial and technical our bodies, councils, committees, the General Secretariat, and all different GCC businesses to implement the remaining steps within the imaginative and prescient, by doubling their efforts inside a selected timeframe, together with the implementation of financial unity, joint protection and safety methods inside the Cooperation Council. The imaginative and prescient’s phrases additionally embrace creating a unified and efficient international coverage that preserves the Council’s pursuits and advantages, serving to it keep away from regional and worldwide conflicts, and meet the objectives and aspirations of GCC residents.
31. The Council instructed the General Secretariat to submit a complete report for the following Summit to the Supreme Council, clarifying what has been carried out from the phrases of the imaginative and prescient, and to submit proposals that might assist alleviate any difficulties dealing with the implementation of the imaginative and prescient.
Joint Gulf actions
32. The Supreme Council regarded into the end result of the implementation of its resolution made on the thirty second GCC Summit relating to the proposal of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, could God have mercy on his soul, which constitutes shifting the Gulf states from a spot of cooperation to a spot of union, instructing the Supreme Council to proceed its efforts in reaching this transformation, in addition to the Ministerial Council and the top of the specialised physique to implement the required measures in the direction of this transformation, and to tell the Supreme Council through the subsequent Summit of what has been achieved.
33. The Supreme Council reviewed the developments made relating to the joint Gulf actions, and pressured the significance of preserving the Council’s achievements and accomplishments. The Council additionally directed the competent our bodies within the Member States, General Secretariat and the Ministerial and technical committees to redouble their efforts to realize the noble objectives stipulated within the Statute of the Cooperation Council.
34. The Supreme Council praised the efforts of the GCC states to boost the mechanisms of integrity, effectivity, governance, transparency and accountability in authorities businesses, and the struggle towards corruption. It additionally known as for the strengthening of joint cooperation in its struggle towards corruption inside the framework of the Gulf Cooperation Council, its businesses and the specialised Gulf organisations.
35. The Supreme Council emphasised the significance of the implementation of all choices and agreements issued and made by the Cooperation Council. It additionally pressured significance of implementing the selections based on the outlined schedule and the dedication to the contents of those resolution due to its significance in defending the safety of member states, sustaining their stability, defending the protection of the States and the pursuits of their residents, in addition to making a steady financial and social atmosphere that enhances the well-being of GCC residents.
36. The Supreme Council accepted the Gulf common framework for a public well being plan to arrange for and reply to emergency conditions. The Council assigned the involved authorities within the GCC States to implement this plan by cooperating and coordinating with well being ministries as reference our bodies.
37. The Supreme Council adopted the Early Health Warning System Guideline as a reference to arrange for an early warning system within the GCC States, in accordance with the native rules of every nation.
38. The Supreme Council accepted the institution of the Gulf Center for Disease Prevention and Control, beneath the umbrella of Gulf Health Council for Cooperation Council States.
39. The Supreme Council accepted the extension of the validity interval of the unified guiding regulation for empowering individuals with disabilities, and unified guiding regulation for volunteer work as a tenet, for a interval of two years.
40. The Supreme Council accepted the GCC technique within the area of civil service and human useful resource improvement 2021-2025.
41. The Supreme Council accepted a legislation (regulation) for preventive measures towards infectious and epidemic animal ailments and combating them within the GCC states, as a tenet, for a interval of two years.
42. The Supreme Council accepted the unified guiding regulation for the safety, improvement and exploitation of dwelling aquatic assets, as a tenet, for a interval of two years.
43. The Supreme Council accepted the amended Patent Law (Regulation) for the Cooperation Council of the Arab States of the Gulf.
44. The Supreme Council expressed its satisfaction with the outcomes of the thirteenth and 14th conferences of the GCC Speakers of the Shura Councils, Council of Representatives, the Federal National Council, and the National Assembly, which have been held in July and November 2020, appreciating the efforts made by the councils of the member states in selling joint Gulf motion.
45. The Supreme Council pressured the significance of specializing in initiatives with an built-in strategic dimension in financial and developmental areas, most notably the completion of the necessities of the Customs Union, the completion of the frequent Gulf market and the railway mission. The Council pressured the necessity to work on creating an built-in system to realize meals, water and vitality safety, and adopting the objectives and mechanisms of the Fourth Industrial Revolution within the area of knowledge know-how, communication and Artificial Intelligence.
46. The Supreme Council emphasised the significance of continuous to assist and encourage small and medium enterprises, believing of their very important function and contributions to the economies of the GCC states.
47. The Supreme Council reviewed the report on the follow-up to the implementation of the work program of the Economic and Development Affairs Authority, and directed the speedy implementation of a highway map for finishing research and initiatives associated to reaching financial unity among the many nations of the Cooperation Council by 2025.
48. The Supreme Council accepted the settlement on the system of linking fee methods between the GCC States, contemplating it the authorized umbrella for the funds and settlements between the Council states, and authorising the members of the Financial and Economic Cooperation Committee to signal it.
49. The Supreme Council blessed the Gulf Payments Company finishing up its work and the beginning of the primary section of working the Gulf Payments System (Afaq) between the Central Bank of Bahrain and the Saudi Central Bank, and the mixing of the remainder of the Gulf central banks to the system, respectively, based on the outlined schedule and accepted phases of labor.
50. The Supreme Council accepted the amended Unified Consumer Protection Law (Regulation) for the GCC states.
Joint navy and safety motion
51. The Supreme Council accepted the modification of Article 6 of the Joint Defense Agreement, by altering the title of the “Joint Peninsula Shield Forces Command” to the “GCC Unified Military Command”.
52. The Supreme Council accepted the selections of the Joint Defense Council in its seventeenth session relating to areas of navy integration between the nations of the Cooperation Council, and affirmed its assist for joint navy integration efforts to realize the collective safety of the GCC states, and expressed its satisfaction with the steps taken to activate the work of the Unified Military Command.
53. The Supreme Council accepted the selections of their Highnesses and Excellences, the Interior Ministers, at their thirty seventh assembly, stressing the significance of strengthening joint Gulf safety motion to make sure safety and the soundness of the GCC states. The council provided its thanks and appreciation to the workers of the safety providers dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic and the efforts made to restrict its unfold.
54. The Supreme Council praised the success of the tactical train (Arab Gulf Security 2) hosted by the United Arab Emirates in February 2020, stressing the significance of the train in strengthening safety cooperation between the GCC nations and the skilled compatibility between the involved businesses to consolidate the foundations of safety and deter anybody who tries disrupt the safety and stability of the area. The Supreme Council blessed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s request to host the joint tactical train for the safety providers (Arab Gulf Security 3), on assumptions about coping with the COVID-19 pandemic.
55. The Supreme Council confirmed the Cooperation Council’s agency positions and choices in the direction of terrorism and extremism, no matter its originating supply. It additionally rejected all of its varieties, manifestations, motives and justifications and confirmed work to cease the sources of its finance. The council confirmed that tolerance and coexistence between nations and peoples are among the many most vital rules and values on which societies of the council states have been constructed, and their relations with different peoples have been based mostly.
56. The Supreme Council expressed its robust condemnation of publishing any defaming drawings of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), contemplating this an offense to the emotions of Muslims, a blatant expression of hatred, and a type of racial discrimination. The Council emphasised the significance of selling a tradition of tolerance, coexistence and dialogue, calling on world leaders, thinkers and resolution makers to imagine the nice duty that falls on the shoulders of anybody searching for peace and coexistence to reject hate speech and contempt directed in the direction of religions and their symbols, and to respect the emotions of Muslims all around the world, as an alternative of falling into the traps of Islamophobia adopted by extremist teams.
57. The Supreme Council praised the efforts of the worldwide alliance led by the United States of America to seize the leaders of the so-called ISIS terrorist organisation, which labored to distort the true picture of Islam and Muslims, confirming the persevering with and relentless efforts made by the GCC states together with their allies in combating terrorism and rooting out its sources.
58. The Supreme Council welcoming USA’s resolution in classify the so-called, Saraya Al-Ashtar and Saraya Al-Mukhtar as terrorist organisations, that are present in Kingdom of Bahrain, and backed by Iran. This displays the dedication to fight terrorism in addition to its supporters and instigators.
59. The Supreme Council praised the selections of the nations that categorized Hezbollah as a terrorist organisation, which is a vital step that displays the keenness of the worldwide neighborhood to fight every kind of terrorism and its organisations on the regional and worldwide ranges. The Council urged its fellow nations to observe swimsuit to fight terrorism and eradicate its monetary sources.
Regional and worldwide points
60. The Supreme Council reviewed developments going down on the regional and worldwide ranges, confirming the Council’s keenness to take care of stability and safety within the area and assist the prosperity of their peoples. It additionally confirmed the keenness to strengthen relations with different shut and pleasant nations, and to work with regional and worldwide organizations to take care of international peace and safety, and to strengthen the Council’s function in reaching peace, sustainable improvement and meet the noble aspirations of the Arab and Islamic nations.
61. The Supreme Council confirmed the GCC positions rejecting international interference within the home affairs of Arab nations and underscored the significance of desisting from provocative acts by way of stoking struggles and strife. The Supreme Council confirmed the significance of respecting the rules of sovereignty and non-interference and respect of different nations privacies in accordance the worldwide charters, norms and legal guidelines that arrange relations amongst nations. The Supreme Council states that the safety of the states of the GCC is an integral supply of the Arab nationwide safety based on the Arab league constitution.
The Supreme Council additionally confirmed the GCC positions rejecting any menace focusing on a member nation because the GCC safety is integral, based mostly on the precept of joint protection and idea of collective safety based mostly on the GCC statute and joint protection settlement.
The Palestinian trigger
62. The Supreme Council highlighted the agency place taken by the GCC states relating to the Palestinian trigger, which is taken into account to be a primary precedence by Arabs and Muslims. The Supreme council expressed its assist for the sovereignty of the Palestinian individuals over all occupied Palestinian territories since June 1967, the institution of an unbiased Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital, and the assure of the rights of refugees, in accordance with the Arab Peace Initiative, worldwide references and worldwide legitimacy choices. The Supreme Council pressured that Palestinian trigger is central to the GCC, emphasising the necessity to activate the worldwide neighborhood’s efforts to resolve the battle in a manner that meets all of the respectable rights of the Palestinian individuals accordingly.
63. The Supreme Council condemned the demolition of dozens of houses by the Israeli occupying authority in East Jerusalem, calling on the worldwide neighborhood to intervene and cease the focusing on of the Palestinians and the compelled displacement of residents from the town of Jerusalem, in addition to the try to vary the authorized nature and demographic composition of the town, which contradicts with the worldwide and humanitarian legal guidelines and associated agreements.
64. The Supreme Council expressed its rejection of any method to annex settlements within the West Bank to Israel, a transparent violation of the United Nations Charter, worldwide legislation and UN resolutions, together with the Security Council’s Resolution No. 2334 for 2016, the worldwide justice tribunal consultative opinion in 2004 and Geneva 4th settlement in 1949.
65. The Supreme Council confirmed that Israel’s coverage associated to deal with demolitions and the displacement of residents, undermines the potential of reaching a two-state resolution and establishing everlasting peace.
66. The Supreme Council emphasised the significance of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Refugees (UNRWA), praising the beneficiant help offered by the GCC states to assist the Agency’s actions, and demanded the worldwide neighborhood to proceed offering assist to proceed its mission till the return of the Palestinian refugees.
Iranian occupation of the three islands of the UAE:
67. The Supreme Council confirmed its agency positions and former choices relating to the condemnation the continued occupation by of the three islands, Greater Tunb and Lesser Tunb And Abu Musa of the United Arab Emirates, reaffirming the next:
68. Supporting the sovereignty proper of the United Arab Emirates over its three islands, Greater Tunb and Lesser Tunb And Abu Musa, and the territorial waters, skies, the continental shelf and the unique financial zone of the three islands as an integral a part of the territory of the United Arab Emirates.
69. Considering that any choices, practices or actions undertaken by Iran on the three islands are null and void and don’t change something from the historic and authorized info which are unanimously agreed upon relating to the United Arab Emirates’ sovereignty over its three islands.
70. Calling on Iran to answer United Arab Emirates’ efforts to resolve the difficulty by way of direct negotiations or resorting to the International Court of Justice.
71. The Supreme Council affirmed its agency positions and choices relating to relations with the Islamic Republic of Iran, stressing the necessity for Iran to stick to the fundamental rules based mostly on the UN Charter and charters of worldwide legislation, rules of excellent neighbourliness, respect for state sovereignty, non-interference in inner affairs, and resolving disputes by peaceable means, to not use power or threaten to resort to power, and reject sectarianism.
72. The Supreme Council pressured the significance of constructing belief between the Cooperation Council states and Iran, in accordance with beforehand accepted rules by the Council and the Iranian facet was knowledgeable of, adherence to worldwide charters and norms for relations between states, considering the safety of the area and the aspirations of its peoples and defusing escalations within the area.
73. The Supreme Council expressed its whole rejection of the continuation of Iranian interference in inner affairs of the GCC states and the area, and its condemnation of all terrorist acts carried out by Iran, and its assist of sectarian conflicts, in clear violation of worldwide norms and values, and threatening regional and worldwide safety. The Supreme Council pressured the necessity to cease and chorus from supporting teams which are fueling these conflicts, in addition to to cease supporting, financing and arming sectarian militias and terrorist organisations, together with offering them with ballistic missiles and air drones to focus on civilians, and threatening worldwide delivery strains and the worldwide economic system.
74. The Supreme Council confirmed that any negotiation course of with Iran should embrace addressing Iran’s destabilising behaviour within the area, the Iranian missile program, together with Ballistic missiles, cruises missiles and air drones, and the Iranian nuclear program, stressing the necessity to contain the GCC nations in such a course of. The Supreme Council additionally confirmed the need of stopping nuclear proliferation, finishing efforts aimed toward making a zone freed from weapons of mass destruction within the Middle East, the necessity for the GCC states to participate in future worldwide negotiations in regards to the Iranian nuclear program, and to topic Iran to stick to the requirements and protocols of the International Atomic Energy Agency, together with dedication to the Comprehensive Safeguards Agreement, which incorporates clarifying points associated to the doable navy dimensions of its nuclear program, along with addressing Iran’s destabilising behaviour within the area and the world, and its sponsorship of terrorism, with a purpose to be sure that it doesn’t undertake any type of provocations sooner or later, which can assist reintegrate it into the worldwide neighborhood, and realise the pursuits and well-being of the Iranian individuals.
75. The Supreme Council lauded the assertion issued by the assembly of the Quartet Arab Ministerial Committee with following up on the developments of the disaster with Iran, which features a condemnation of the Iranian regime’s severe violations of worldwide legal guidelines, charters, and norms in addition to practices that threaten the safety of the area, and the soundness of Arab nations, interference of their inner affairs and its assist if armed militias that unfold chaos, division and devastation in lots of Arab nations, together with the committee’s emphasis on urging the worldwide neighborhood to imagine its obligations relating to the threats posed by Iran’s hostile practices and its sponsorship of terrorist actions within the area and the world, as a menace to worldwide peace and safety.
76. The Supreme Council expressed its condemnation of Iran’s continued failure to satisfy its obligations to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), ceasing the implementation of its dedication, and its delay in offering the required details about its nuclear program. The Supreme Council additionally pressured the necessity for Iran to totally cooperate with the IAEA, particularly with regard to its violations of uranium ratios and to respect for the immunities and privileges of IAEA’s inspectors.
77. The Supreme Council affirmed the necessity for persevering with worldwide efforts to compel the Iranian regime to cease its destabilising coverage within the area, adhere to the rules of worldwide legislation, and cease its interference within the inner affairs of different nations, in addition to its assist for terrorism and sectarianism.
78. The Supreme Council welcomed the choice of the United States of America to categorise the Iranian Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organisation, and pressured the significance of this step in countering the damaging function that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards performs as a component of instability, an element of stress, and a instrument to unfold violence and terrorism within the Middle East and the world at giant. The Supreme Council emphasised the significance of the persevering with the ban on the export of standard weapons to Iran and the continuation of associated sanctions.
79. The Council affirmed its assist for all measures taken by the GCC nations to protect their safety and stability within the face of Iranian interference of their inner affairs and its assist for extremism and terrorism.
80. The Council condemned actions that focus on the safety and security of navigation, maritime installations, vitality provides, oil pipelines, and oil installations within the Arabian Gulf and waterways, as acts that threaten the safety of the GCC states and the area, the liberty of worldwide navigation, and undermine regional and worldwide peace and safety. This contains the sabotage assault on oil provide amenities to international markets within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in September 2019, and the worldwide investigation confirmed Iran’s involvement in it. The Council affirmed that the GCC states assist the measures taken by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to guard its safety and stability.
81. The Supreme Council affirmed the agency positions and choices of the Cooperation Council relating to supporting legitimacy in Yemen, represented by President Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi and his authorities, to finish the Yemeni disaster and attain a political resolution, in accordance with the phrases of reference represented by the Gulf Initiative and its implementation mechanism, the outcomes of the great National Dialogue Conference, and Security Council Resolution 2216, in a manner that preserves the guy nation of Yemen, its unity and integrity, respect for its sovereignty and rejects any interference in its inner affairs. The Supreme Council restated its assist for the United Nations and thanked its envoy, Martin Griffiths, for his efforts to succeed in a political resolution in accordance with these references.
82. The Supreme Council praised the honest efforts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates that resulted within the signing of a mechanism to speed up the implementation of the Riyadh Agreement between the respectable Yemeni authorities and the Southern Transitional Council on July 29, 2020. The Supreme Council welcomed the implementation of Riyadh Agreement by the Yemeni events represented by the respectable authorities and the Southern Transitional Council and the formation a authorities of political competencies that features all elements of the Yemeni spectrum, along with appointing a governor for Aden governorate and a director for its safety. The Supreme Council appreciated the Yemeni events’ keenness on Yemen’s curiosity and achieves the aspirations of its brotherly individuals to revive safety and stability. The Supreme Council thought of the implementation of the Riyadh Agreement as an vital step in the direction of reaching a political resolution based mostly on the references to finish the Yemeni disaster.
83. The Supreme Council welcomed the arrival of the Yemeni authorities to the non permanent capital, Aden, on December 30, 2020, to hold out its work within the liberated areas, to realize the aspirations of the brotherly Yemeni individuals and restore safety and stability all through Yemen. The Supreme Council condemned the terrorist assault that focused the federal government upon its arrival at Aden airport, which resulted in lots of harmless civilian casualties. The Supreme Council known as for creating an environment for the Yemeni authorities to apply all its respectable actions and to strengthen its capacity to revive the authority of the Yemeni state and its establishments in all components of Yemen.
84. The Supreme Council affirmed its assist for the Yemeni authorities’s initiative to renew the introduction of oil derivatives by way of the port of Hodeidah, the entry of all oil tankers that meet the circumstances to the port, and the deposit of all their revenues in a brand new particular account within the Central Bank, based on a selected mechanism through which the United Nations ensures the preservation of those revenues and their use in handing over salaries to workers throughout Yemen. The Supreme Council condemned the Iranian-backed Houthi militia’s seizure of revenues from oil derivatives import charges from the particular account within the Central Bank in Hodeidah metropolis, which is designated to pay the salaries of civil servants.
85. The Supreme Council praised the achievements made by the King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Action by way of its branches within the governorates of Yemen, the initiatives carried out by the Saudi heart in the direction of the event and reconstruction of the governorates of Yemen, and the humanitarian assist offered by the GCC states by way of the coordinating workplace for the reduction and humanitarian assist, along with the humanitarian and improvement assist offered by all the GCC states to Yemen, which is estimated to be over than $13bn since 2015. The Supreme Council highlighted GCC nations’ assist of the UN’s humanitarian response and reduction efforts to alleviate the struggling of the Yemeni individuals and obtain safety and stability within the nation. The Council praised the efforts of the Saudi Project for Landmine Clearance (MASAM) to demine the lands of Yemen, which since its inception has managed to clear greater than 200,000 mines, unexploded ammunition, and explosive gadgets that Houthi militia randomly planted in governorates of Yemen.
86. The Supreme Council counseled the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s organisation of a donors convention for Yemen’s assist in June 2020, by way of which donor nations pledged $ 1.35bn to assist humanitarian businesses working in Yemen present primary and emergency providers, together with the funding the COVID-19 management packages, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s announcement of offering $ 500m to assist response plans. The Supreme Council known as on donors to satisfy the present pledges and take into account making extra contributions.
87. The Supreme Council welcomed the assertion issued by the totally different nations together with the State of Kuwait, The United States of America, China, France, Russia, Germany, Sweden and the European Union, by way of which they introduced their dedication to offering further funding for the United Nations Humanitarian Response Plan, amounting to greater than $ 350 million for famine prevention.
88. The Supreme Council condemned the Iran-backed Houthi militia obstructing the arrival of the UN technical assist groups to conduct inspection and upkeep of the floating oil tank, Safer, located within the Red Sea off the coast of Al Hudaydah, which comprises greater than one million barrels of crude oil, which can trigger a severe environmental, financial and humanitarian catastrophe and whose results prolong past Yemen within the occasion that the worldwide neighborhood, represented by the Security Council, doesn’t exert extra strain on the Iran-backed Houthi militias supported with a purpose to adjust to the calls for of the worldwide neighborhood and permit the UN specialised technical groups entry to floating oil tank, Safer, as quickly as doable to forestall the prevalence of an environmental catastrophe within the Red Sea.
89. The Supreme Council confirmed that the hostile assaults carried out by Iran-backed Houthi militias, its terrorist operations of launching ballistic missiles and drones that focus on civilians and civilian belongings within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the violation of worldwide and humanitarian legislation by utilizing the civilian inhabitants in civilian areas in Yemen as human shields, and the launch of booby-trapped and remotely piloted boats signify a severe menace to regional and worldwide safety. The Supreme Council emphasised the respectable proper to guide the coalition to assist legitimacy in Yemen for the implementation of the required measures in coping with these hostile and terrorist assaults. It additionally emphasised the necessity to forestall the smuggling of weapons to those militias, which constitutes a menace to the liberty of maritime navigation and international commerce within the Bab al-Mandab Strait and the Red Sea, praising the effectivity of the Saudi Royal Air Defense Forces in intercepting and preventing these missiles and plane, which amounted to greater than 344 ballistic missiles and 482 drones.
90. The Supreme Council condemned the continued smuggling of Iranian weapons to the Houthi militia and recognised USA’s efforts in seizing smuggled Iranian weapons on their solution to the Iran-backed Houthi militia throughout February 2020, along with what was seized from smuggled Iranian weapons in November 2019, which corresponds to the remnants of the missiles that have been used within the hostile assaults on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s oil installations, based on the report of the Secretary-General of the United Nations on the outcomes of the investigation into these terrorist assaults.
91. The Supreme Council confirmed its unwavering positions and choices relating to Iraq, stressing the significance of preserving the integrity and unity of its territory, sovereignty, Arab id, social cloth and nationwide unity. It emphasised its assist in confronting terrorist teams and armed militias, selling the sovereignty of the state and implementing the legislation.
92. The Supreme Council welcomed the formation of the Iraqi authorities headed by Mr. Mustafa Al-Kazemi, wishing the Iraqi authorities all of the success in reaching the aspirations of the guy Iraqi individuals relating to the sovereignty, safety and stability of the county.
93. The Supreme Council lauded the efforts made by the GCC member states to boost cooperation with Iraq in all areas, noting the steps taken to implement the Memorandum of Understanding and the joint motion plan for strategic dialogue and the event of relations between the GCC states and the Republic of Iraq.
94. The Supreme Council renewed its assist for Security Council Resolution No. 2107 (2013), which was unanimously adopted, the referral of the file of detainees, lacking individuals, Kuwaiti property and the nationwide archives to the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), which can monitor the state of affairs. The council expressed its needs to proceed cooperation with the Iraqi authorities to make sure progress within the pending points talked about above, and calls on the Iraqi authorities and the United Nations to make the utmost efforts with a purpose to attain an answer in the direction of this humanitarian challenge and different associated points, particularly the completion of the demarcation the maritime border with Iraq after level No. 162.
95. The Supreme Council affirmed its agency positions and choices relating to the Syrian disaster and the present political resolution based mostly on the rules outlined by the primary Geneva conference, and Security Council Resolution No. 2254, which offers for the formation of a transitional governing physique to handle the affairs of the nation, draft a brand new structure for Syria, and put together for elections in the direction of reaching a brand new future for nation that fulfills the aspirations of the guy Syrian individuals.
96. The Supreme Council expressed its hope that the conferences of the Syrian Constitutional Committee would shortly produce a consensus, and that this may be useful in the direction of reaching a political resolution for the Syrian disaster and to grasp the respectable aspirations of the Syrian individuals. The council reiterated its assist for efforts exerted by the UN in the direction of reaching these objectives.
97. The Supreme Council affirmed its assist for the efforts of the UN’s work to bringing refugees and displaced Syrians again to their cities and villages beneath worldwide supervision in accordance with worldwide requirements, present them with assist in nations of asylum, and reject any makes an attempt to result in demographic modifications in Syria.
98. The Supreme Council affirmed its agency positions in the direction of preserving the territorial integrity of the Syrian Arab Republic, respecting its independence and sovereignty over its lands, and rejecting regional interference in its inner affairs, and every little thing that impacts Arab nationwide safety and threatens worldwide peace and safety.
99. The Supreme Council as soon as once more condemned the Iranian presence within the Syrian territories and Iran’s interference within the Syrian affairs, and demanded the removing of all Iranian forces, Hezbollah and all sectarian militias that Iran had recruited to function in Syria.
100. The Supreme Council monitored the Lebanon’s developments and emphasised the GCC’s agency positions and choices relating to Lebanon, and its keenness on sustaining the nation’s safety, stability and territorial integrity, in addition to Arab belonging and independence of its political resolution, and the concord between its individuals. The council expressed its hope that the Lebanese individuals will reply to the decision of the general public curiosity and deal properly with the challenges dealing with the Lebanese state, with a purpose to realise the respectable aspirations of the Syrian individuals
101. The Supreme Council affirmed its assist for the safety and stability of the Arab Republic of Egypt, appreciating its efforts in strengthening Arab nationwide safety and peace within the area, combating extremism and terrorism, selling the event, prosperity and well-being for the guy Egyptian individuals, and rejecting interference within the inner affairs of Arab nations. The Council expressed its assist for the present efforts to unravel the difficulty of the Renaissance Dam in a manner that meet wants and financial pursuits of the involved nations, appreciating the worldwide efforts made on this matter.
102. The Supreme Council affirmed its assist of safety, stability, and the promotion of improvement within the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and directed to accentuate efforts to implement joint motion plans that have been agreed upon inside the framework of the strategic partnership between the Cooperation Council and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
103. The Supreme Council underscored its agency positions and choices relating to the Libyan disaster, supported the UN efforts to succeed in a political resolution, reiterating the GCC’s keenness to protect the pursuits of the guy Libyan individuals, in addition to the safety, stability and territorial integrity of Libya, and assist the efforts made to fight the so-called ISIS terrorist organisation.
104. The Supreme Council lauded the ceasefire announcement made by each the Presidential Council and the House of Representatives in Libya, expressing its hope for the success of the political dialogue between the Libyan events, inserting the Libyan nationwide curiosity above all else, and to succeed in a everlasting resolution that ensures safety and stability for the guy Libyan individuals, and their sovereignty over their land and wealth, along with stopping exterior interference that might pose dangers to the the safety Arab area.
105. The Council affirmed its agency stances in the direction of the brotherly Republic of Sudan and its steady assist for every little thing that contributes to enhancing its safety and stability and realising the aspirations of the brotherly Sudanese individuals and their respectable hopes for stability, improvement and prosperity, based mostly on the historic and fraternal relations that Connecting the GCC nations with the sisterly Republic of Sudan.
106. The Supreme Council expressed its congratulations to the management and folks of Sudan on the event of reaching the Juba Agreement For peace, stressing the GCC states ’keenness to proceed supporting the efforts aimed toward preserving Sudan’s sovereignty, nationwide unity, territorial integrity and safety from exterior interference, its Arab and Islamic standing, and its confidence within the capacity of the brothers in Sudan to maneuver ahead on the trail of Peace, overcoming previous penalties and making a vivid future.
107. The Supreme Council welcomed the removing of Sudan’s title from the United States of America’s record of nations Sponsor of terrorism, wanting ahead to its transition to a brand new stage of improvement, progress and prosperity, and to train its lively and constructive function within the worldwide neighborhood.
108. The Supreme Council pressured the significance of the strategic partnership between the Gulf Cooperation Council and the Kingdom of Morocco, and known as for the implementation of joint motion plans that have been agreed upon inside the framework of the strategic partnership between them. It additionally confirmed its agency positions and choices in assist of Morocco’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, expressing its assist for the measures taken by the guy Kingdom of Morocco to determine freedom of civil and business motion within the buffer zone of Guerguerat within the Moroccan Sahara. The council rejected any actions or practices that will have an effect on visitors on this space.
109. The Supreme Council emphasised its agency place on the significance of restoring safety and stability within the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in a manner that realises the hopes and aspirations of the guy Afghan individuals, and advantages regional and worldwide peace and safety.
110. The Council appreciated the State of Qatar’s efforts in signing the peace settlement between the United States of America and Taliban in February 2020, and facilitating the beginning of the Afghan peace negotiations in Doha in September 2020, expressing its hopes that these steps would obtain a complete and everlasting ceasefire, restore the safety and stability of Afghanistan, and fulfill the hopes and aspirations of the Afghan individuals in the direction of improvement and prosperity.
The disaster of the Rohingya muslims in Myanmar:
111. The Supreme Council denounced the brutal assaults and systematic displacement towards Rohingya Muslims in Rakhine State and different minorities in Kachin Shan State and different areas in Myanmar. The Supreme Council known as on the worldwide neighborhood to shoulder its obligations to cease acts of violence and displacement and to grant the Rohingya Muslim minority their rights with none discrimination or racial profiling, and to facilitate the return of migrants and refugees to their cities and villages.
112. The Council counseled the humanitarian assist offered by the GCC states to the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, and the refugees in Bangladesh, and the assistance that the United Nations is offering to alleviate the state of affairs, calling on all nations to supply extra assist.
Strategic partnerships between the Cooperation Council and different states and teams:
113. The Supreme Council known as for strengthening the present cooperation and partnerships made between the GCC states, regional organisations and lively worldwide organisations, and the implementation of joint motion plans, along with what was agreed upon within the working teams and joint committees that have been shaped for this function.
114. The Supreme Council emphasised giving precedence to finishing the free commerce negotiations with a purpose to improve the strategic and financial relations of the Council with different nations and regional teams to realize frequent pursuits. The Council instructed the General Secretariat to submit periodic experiences on the progress of free commerce negotiations between the Cooperation Council and the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of India, and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and different nations and teams to be agreed upon.
115. The Supreme Council known as for strengthening the present strategic partnerships with fellow nations, together with Jordan, Morocco, Sudan and Iraq.
116. The Supreme Council directed to accentuate efforts to strengthening the strategic partnership with the United States in all areas, praising the efforts made by the US’s efforts to boost its presence within the area to enhance the safety of the area, waterways and freedom of navigation.
117. The Council known as for the completion of the implementation of joint motion plans, inside the framework of the strategic partnership between the Cooperation Council and the United Kingdom in all fields, praising the efforts made by the United Kingdom to boost its presence within the area to boost its safety and stability
118. The Council known as for the strengthening of strategic relations and financial cooperation with France, Russia, the European Union, the European Free Trade Organization (EFTA), the South American Common Market (MERCOSUR), and different nations and lively worldwide and regional organisations within the European and the 2 American continents.
119. The Supreme Council known as for the implementation of the required procedures, plans and packages to boost cooperation with the People’s Republic of China, India, Pakistan, Japan, South Korea, Central Asian States, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), and different pleasant nations and lively organisations within the Asian continent.
120. The Supreme Council known as for implementation of the required measures to finish the motion plan within the African continent and joint motion plans for cooperation with the states and organisations which are lively in it.
The Supreme Council prolonged its deep appreciation and gratitude to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, could God defend him, the Chairman of the Supreme Council assembly, and to his smart authorities, and the beloved individuals of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, for the beneficiant hospitality, kindness, and the honest emotions of brotherhood that the assembly had.
The Supreme Council welcomed that the forty second Summit can be held within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, God prepared.
Issued in Al-Ula
21 Jumada I, 1442 A.H. akin to January 5 2021 AD.
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai.
- His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and Prime Minister of Bahrain.
- His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, the Emir of the State of Qatar.
- His Highness Sayyid Fahd bin Mahmoud Al Said, the Deputy Prime Minister for Cabinet Affairs within the Sultanate of Oman.
- His Highness Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Emir of the State of Kuwait.