photo copyrightGetty Images

photo subtitleThe flag of Ms Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy celebration flew over militants in Yangon

A lady that was fired in the head while objecting versus Myanmar’s armed forces successful stroke remains in a vital problem at a healthcare facility in the funding Nay Pyi Taw.

Mya Thwe Thwe Khaing, 19, was injured on Tuesday when cops attempted to spread militants utilizing water cannon, rubber bullets and also live rounds.

The injury followed one from online ammo, civil liberties teams claim.

There have actually been records of severe injuries as cops have actually boosted their use pressure, however no fatalities up until now.

Tens of thousands have actually ended up in road demonstrations versus recently’s successful stroke, which toppled Aung San Suu Kyi’s democratically-elected federal government, in spite of a current restriction on big celebrations and also an evening time limit.

Demonstrations re-started on Wednesday early morning, for a 5th successive day, with a huge team of civil slaves collecting in Nay Pyi Taw to oppose.

On Tuesday, cops utilized water cannon in Nay Pyi Taw versus militants, that rejected to pull back.

Warning shots were apparently discharged right into the air prior to rubber bullets were utilized. Doctors later on stated it showed up online ammo had actually struck militants.

According to BBC Burmese, that spoke with an unrevealed clinical policeman from a Nay Pyi Taw medical facility, Mya Thwe Thwe Khaing endured a severe head injury and also one more demonstrator had breast injuries.

Mya Thwe Thwe Khaing is currently in extensive treatment.

Her sis, Mya Tha Toe Nwe, that was additionally at the objection, stated the opportunities of her sis making it through are slim.

“It’s heart breaking,” she stated. “We only have our mother, our dad is already dead.

“I’m the oldest of 4 brother or sisters, she’s the youngest. I can not comfort mum, we have no words.”

According to a report by Human Rights Watch, a doctor from the hospital said the teenager had a “projectile lodged in her head and also had actually shed substantial mind feature”.

The unidentified doctor said the wound was consistent with the use of live ammunition, and that a metal bullet had penetrated the back of the injured woman’s right ear. A man wounded at the same protest also appeared to have similar injuries.

A separate report by Fortify Rights quoted a doctor who said the woman was brain dead from an “imminently deadly gunfire injury to the head”.

media captionPolice in Myanmar used water cannon and rubber bullets on protesters

Earlier, a clip purportedly showing a woman being shot circulated online. The footage shows the woman wearing a motorbike helmet collapsing abruptly.

Separately, pictures on social media showed what appeared to be a blood-stained helmet. The BBC has not verified the authenticity of the images.

The United Nations special rapporteur on Myanmar has warned the country’s security forces that they face prosecution under international law if they use excessive force against demonstrators.

“Myanmar armed forces workers and also cops require to understand that ‘complying with orders’ is no protection for dedicating wrongs and also any type of such protection will certainly fall short, despite their location in the pecking order,” Thomas Andrews said in a statement issued in Geneva.

He said that “numerous approximate apprehensions” had been recorded since the coup.

Previous protests against the country’s decades-long military rule, in 1988 and 2007, saw large numbers of demonstrators killed by the security forces. At least 3,000 protesters died in 1988 and at least 30 people lost their lives in 2007. Thousands were imprisoned during both sets of events.

Late on Tuesday, Myanmar’s military also raided Ms Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy (NLD) party headquarters in the country’s largest city, Yangon, the party said.

BBC Burmese understands that security forces broke down the doors by force. No party members were present in the building at the time. Footage of the headquarters filmed by the AFP news agency showed damaged computer servers and ransacked cupboards.

The raid took place during a nationwide night curfew, which lasts from 20: 00 to 04: 00 (13: 30 to 21: 30 GMT).

What else is happening on Wednesday?

In eastern Kayah state, dozens of police officers appeared to have joined the protesters’ cause and staged their own demonstration.

According to the local news outlet Myanmar Now, they were holding posters that read “We stand with individuals” and “We do not desire the tyranny”.

One protester at the scene told the BBC that as many as 40 officers took part and they were later seen trying to protect the demonstrators from other police.

Another eyewitness said some of the police protesters were later arrested.

Meanwhile, large crowds continued to gather in various cities, including Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon.

image copyrightGetty Images

image captionYoung women protesting in Yangon were spotted wearing ball gowns

Why are people protesting?

The military seized control on 1 February following a general election which the NLD won by a landslide.

The armed forces had backed the opposition, who were demanding a rerun of the vote, claiming widespread fraud. The election commission said there was no evidence to support these claims.

The coup was staged as a new session of parliament was set to open.

Ms Suu Kyi is under house arrest and has been charged with possessing illegally imported walkie-talkies. Many other NLD officials have also been detained.