The Masked Singer is again for the second week of musical performances, wild costumes and frustratingly engaging clues. ET is following alongside all through all the hour-long episode to interrupt down all the largest moments.
Group B is taking the stage tonight, which means followers are getting the possibility to see performances, and clue packages, from The Black Swan, Grandpa Monster, The Chameleon, The Phoenix and The Piglet!
Meanwhile, America’s favourite panel of superstar “detectives” — together with Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong, and Jenny McCarthy, in addition to visitor host Niecy Nash — will attempt their greatest to guess the singers’ secret identities, as viewers at house preserve their eyes peeled for all of the smallest and most revealing clues.
The enjoyable kicks off at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Fox, and you may watch and comply with alongside as we delve into the fantastic insanity and weird, fascinating chaos that’s The Masked Singer season 5!
And The Unmasked Star Is…
6: 01 PM:
… Caitlyn Jenner!
As it seems, Jenny’s reign as an incredible guesser continues! And even when Ken will get it proper, he managaes to second guess himself and get it improper.
“Ken, you’ve always been an idiot!” Caitlyn declares as Ken doubles over in laughter. “What are we gonna do with you?”
When requested why she determined to do Masked Singer, Caitlyn explains, “I’ve always liked challenges…. doing somethin new, something different. So it was fun.”
“Life’s short, you’ve got to enjoy it” she added with a smile. “Thank you for having me… It was a lot of fun to do!”
5: 59 PM:
Robin’s First Impression: Laverne Cox
Robin’s Final Guess: Laverne Cox
Nicole’s First Impression: Perez Hilton
Nicole’s Final Guess: Jonathan Van Ness
Ken’s First Impression: Caitlyn Jenner
Ken’s Final Guess: RuPaul
Jenny’s First Impression: Caitlyn Jenner
Jenny’s Final Guess: Caitlyn Jenner
And the Contestant Going Home Is…
5: 58 PM:
… The Phoenix, which sadly is not an enormous shock, despite the fact that they appeared tremendous enjoyable.
This means Grandpa Monster, The Chameleon, The Piglet and The Black Swan might be advancing to the following spherical.
It’s hinted that The Lobster goes to be the Wild Card contestant when Group B performs once more.
It’s Time To Vote!
5: 55 PM:
All the songs have been sung and the guesses have been made, so it is time for the viewers to vote for his or her favourite singer of the night time!
Of course we cannot discover out who it’s till after the business break! These cliffhanger business breaks are the worst!
To be honest, there’s actually just one logical choice, however we’ll must see if the votes show to be as stunning as final week.
5: 54 PM:
We get one other go to from Cluedle-Doo in his bizarre management room, and he says one clue individuals ought to take note of from Piglet’s bundle was the alarm clock within the background set to six p.m.
“The panel didn’t pick up on this clue, but you should, because it’s full of buzz!” he teases.
The Piglet Leaves Us Speechless
5: 53 PM:
Well that was sudden! The Piglet brings issues down a bit to shut out the present with an attractive romantic ballad that he pulls of fantastically.
Gently crooning “Speechless” by Dan + Shay — whereas his foolish propeller beanie spins madly on his head — it is a kind of nice, surreal Masked Singer moments that makes you’re feeling like your having some form of fever dream.
The vocals are on level, the strikes are strong (particularly contemplating the costume) and the quantity ends with some glowing pyrotechnics.
“Wow, I did not expect that,” Ken shares. “If season 5 is a game changer, quite frankly, it’s game over. You are amazing. Great job!”
He tells the panel, “Well, I only found out I was doing this show about four days ago, so it’s been quite an adrenaline rush. But, let’s face it, I’m a ham! I love being on stage!”
Ken thinks it may very well be Adam Lambert.
Nicole suggests it may very well be Charlie Puth or probably Liam Hemsworth.
The Piglet — FIRST CLUES!!
5: 48 PM:
– Cluedle-Doo’s clue is, ‘Piglet knowns the best way to keep cool, even within the warmth.”
– His clue package looks like a parody of The Bachelor, only called Love in the Mud.
– Says, “My identify is Piglet, I’m [redacted]-years outdated and I’m from [redacted].”
– We see a clock set to 6pm within the background subsequent to 2 candles.
– Says, “I haven’t always been lucky in love. I admit, I’m a bit of a hopeless romantic.”
– We see a pink query mark bouncing on a romantic date bench.
– Says, “I’m guilty of dropping the L-word on a second day. But when you know, you know, right?”
– Says, “Sure I’ve given away a few roses, and the world saw my heart break, and I learned that some flowers have very sharp thorns.”
– We see a white rose laying on a desk.
– Says, “That’s never stopped me from continuing to wear my heart on my sleeve,” and we see an animated tattoo of a coronary heart, with an axe throughout it.
– Says, “This may sound crazy, but I see a future on that stage,” whereas holding a lollipop.
– We see a fortune cookie cracked open and the fortune reads “Golden Mask.”
– Says, “So will you accept this pile of mud? It may only be the first round, but I’m falling for you already!”
5: 43 PM:
Despite not being in studio, Nick shared a particular present for Ken in his absence — a baby’s booster seat.
“Ken, it’s your own little booster!” Robin jokes, as Ken appears on irritated.
The Phoenix Doesn’t Exactly Burn the House Down
5: 41 PM:
After a fully superior laser mild intro and a few cool pyrotechnics — very apropos for a phoenix, we hear how she sings and, effectively, it is clear they aren’t knowledgeable singer. Or a non-professional singer. It’s completely potential they’ve by no means sung earlier than.
That being mentioned, there’s one thing enjoyable and interesting about the way in which they rhythmically recite the lyrics to Kesha’s hit “Tik Tok,” and it will get the panel on their ft and dancing, in order that’s one thing!
“Oh my god, The Phoenix is a good time,” Nicole shared.
“I can tell you that Phoenix and I have the exact same singing voice,” Jenny jokes. “So I’m gonna say it’s spectacular!”
When requested if the wings took any getting used to, Phoenix tells the panel, “Wings aren’t new to me! I fly all the time. In fact, I flew with one of you recently. But, we never met.”
Nicole issues Jonathan Van Ness.
Jenny suggests it may very well be Caitlyn Jenner.
Ken thinks it may very well be RuPaul.
The Phoenix — FIRST CLUES!!
5: 36 PM:
– Cluedle-Doo’s clue is, “Phoenix only has one speed — 76 MPG.”
– Says, “OK, here’s the tea. When people see me, they always see a winner, baby!”
– We see some candle lanterns and a tea set.
– Says, ‘While I’ve graced the duvet of many magazines, I’ve truly hidden behind a masks for many of my life. Even from those who I like probably the most, like my superhero dad, who taught me the best way to shoot for the celebrities. So I did.”
– She opens a briefcase that reads “Time Capsule” with the “ME” capitalized.
– She pulls put a telescope with the phrases “Hope Scope 81” written on the aspect.
– We see a constellation within the stars depicting a sports activities automotive.
– Says, “Eventually, millions saw me as a super hero! But the more I focused on pleasing others the farther I got from who I was.”
– We see an eagle constellation flap its wings as different chook constellations fly round within the stars.
– We see three oranges sitting on a desk.
– There’s a framed picture of The Phoenix as a child subsequent to his dad, standing beside an American flag cake with the state up liberty on prime
– Says, “My dad was proud of what I did, but I often wonder if he’d be proud of who I am. I’ll never know. I missed my chance to tell him my truth, and it’s my biggest regret. But it taught me there’s no time to waste.”
– She stands behind six smaller Phoenixes.
– We see a star constellation exhibiting ballet footwear.
– Says, ‘Tonight, I’m stepping again into the winner’s circle, as a result of this outdated chook nonetheless is aware of how flip heads.”
The Chameleon Takes Us for a Ride
5: 29 PM:
The Chameleon has a lot of strengths, and one is definitely song selection. Opting to go with a fan favorite, The Chameleon wins over the crowd with a fun performance of Nelly’s “Ride Wit Me,” which actually is a track that is arduous to not like.
The Chameleon undoubtedly is aware of the best way to placed on a present, and is not nervous to carry out for individuals in any respect. This efficiency had lots of enjoyable power and there is an easy charisma to his stage presence.
“Chameleon, can I just tell you how much I loved that performance?” Jenny shares. “Honestly, I looked over at Nicole and we both started swooning, because you have this beautiful tone in your voice. I would by that album tomorrow, with you singing on it.”
The Chameleon says, “I love being in front of people, whether it’s on stage or in your home.”
Niecy says she’s near him, and he or she feels he is acquired an athlete’s physique.
Ken thinks it may very well be Dwight Howard.
Robin suggests he may very well be Redfoo.
Nicole floats the chance that he may very well be Nick Cannon(?!?!?).
The Chameleon — FIRST CLUES!!
5: 25 PM:
– Cluedle-Doo’s clue is “Chameleon has a history with precious gemstones.”
– The Chameleon is VERY tall.
– The clue bundle has a really retro-80s futurism vibe.
– Says, “Ready for a wild ride? Because I’m one in Chamillion.”
– He’s using a motorbike with crimson fuzzy cube that includes the numbers “2” and “3” and a license plate that reads “Camoflag.”
– Says, “Unlike most of my fellow cams, I don’t just blend in, I put the tech in technicolor.”
– Says his love of expertise, “Is all because of my pops, who taught me to keep up with the times.”
– We see a Polaroid of one other chameleon taped to a pc monitor with “DAD” written beneath.
– We see “007” on one of many laptop displays.
– He’s studying a e book known as I.T. (or, it may very well be a reference to the horror novel It).
– Says his dad “encouraged me to tinker with every gizmo and gadget around. Even some wild creations?”
– We see him enjoying an outdated 8-Bit online game starring himself on a motorbike. At one level her crashed and flies right into a gap within the floor subsequent to a “Beware of Pit” signal.
– Says, “Years later, when my career almost tanked and I felt totally lost, I leaned back on what he taught me and used those tech-savvy skills from my childhood to amplify my career and change the game.”
5: 23 PM:
We get a fast take a look at his conspiracy board and see some bonus clues:
– Next to an image of The Seashell we see a post-it notice that reads “G. DE”
– Says, “Brand new wildcard singers are coming to shake things up.”
– A couple of of the TV screens behind him give small glimpses on the wild card costumes.
Grandpa Monster Pulls a Fast One
5: 18 PM:
As I anticipated, the large twist with Grandpa Monster is that he may not be as outdated as he is letting on. As the quantity begins, Grandpa Monster throws his walker off to the aspect and reveals off his strikes.
And her can definitely transfer! He additionally has a reasonably spectacular voice as he croons a enjoyable cowl of Lou Bega’s “Mambo No. 5.”
As Jenny factors out through the efficiency, Grandpa Monster appears to have a really younger voice, and along with his occasional snicker, he appears to have a humorousness about himself and the strangeness of this present as a complete.
“That was so much fun, you had us laughing and you kept us surprised the entire performance,” Nicole marvels.
He says, “I think a lot of people assume they know me, and the Masked Singer gave me an opportunity to start fresh.”
Robin thinks it may very well be Johnny Manziel.
Jenny suggests professional wrestler The Miz.
Ken thinks it is Scott Disick.
After all of the not-great guesses, Grandpa Monster throws down his mic in anger and storms off set.
Grandpa Monster — FIRST CLUES!!
5: 13 PM:
– Cluedle-Doo’s clue is, “Grandpa Monster has trained for battle before.”
– His clue bundle takes place on a seaside.
– Says, “Hey young whippersnappers. Reflecting on my long life, I can’t believe the trouble making fool I was as a youngster.”
– We see a flashback to his grade faculty days.
– On a blackboard we see a soccer play in chalk that appears just like the quantity ‘6.’
– Says he was “always acting out to get all eyes on me.”
– Says “A teacher pulled me aside after class and made me see I was smarter that the character I was playing.”
– He will get a 97% on a scantron check.
– Says, “I decided then to put the ‘I’ in Einstein, and I became a star pupil.”
– We see an animation of a taking pictures star land inside a spider internet.
– We see a kettlebell weight on the seaside which reads “6.2 Tons”
– Says, “I’m still working to shake my bad reputation, so when this old monster takes his mask off, I hope you’re not afraid of who I was a long time ago.”
– We see two Men in Black enjoying with a pink seaside ball.
The Black Swan Has an Powerful Bite
5: 09 PM:
Kicking issues off with some aweome rock vibes, The Black Swan is all badass angle as she walks out of a cloud of fog, previous a black motorbike and belts out the enduring hit “Barracuda” by Heart.
The Black Swan is certainly a singer — on the very least she’s acquired some professional expertise — and he or she is aware of the best way to personal a stage as she delivers an epic opening quantity that has set the bar excessive for Group B. She would not even want any back-up dancers and manages to essentially fill the entire house along with her power and charisma.
“Group B is not messing around!” Nicole marvels. “That performance was incredible!”
The Black Swan tells the panel, “This is so far out of my comfort zone, but that’s exactly why I’m here. I just love being The Black Swan right now.”
Ken suggests it may very well be Anya Taylor-Joy.
Jenny guesses Camila Cabello.
Nicole says it may very well be Leona Lewis.
The Black Swan — FIRST CLUES!!
5: 04 PM:
The Black Swan:
– Cluedle-Doo’s clue is, “Black Swan has covered a monster.”
– Says, “Black swans, like me, are incredibly rare. But I didn’t factor in that my talent might make me someone else’s prey.”
– We see a Wanted posted with Black Swan on in, with the reward being a “voucher.”
– The Black Swan wanders by way of a snow-covered forest of birch bushes.
– We see the Black Swan get trapped in a web.
– We see a swinging pocket watch with the quantity ‘5’ on it.
– Says, “I was caught up, hypnotized by a Hollywood deal I couldn’t resist. One that would make my dreams come true.”
– We see a crimson bishop chess piece and a diamond ring.
– Says, “There was a steep price. I fell under it’s spell and I was worried I would never see the light of day again.”
– She walks by way of clouds and onto a giant crimson X.
– Says she was rescued “all of the sudden” when her “faithful flock flew to my rescue and set me free.”
– She’s now in a princess fort as white doves fly by.
– She holds up a crimson sq. or card in her hand.
– Says, “I’m here to show the world that I’m in control and I’m here to own that stage.”
St. Patrick’s Puns!
5: 02 PM:
So, since that is airing on St. Patrick’s Day, the present has determined to must be themed across the Irish vacation. Which means Nick’s pun-packed voice over intro consists of such wordplay gems as “they are ready to Shamrock and roll,” and, ‘It aint over until it is clover.”
We’ve also got Ken throwing out golden coins from a pot while rocking shamrock glasses. This is fun. It feels like a bit of a stretch, but it’s fun.
5: 01 PM:
Tonight, we’ll get to fulfill Group B!
This means we’ll hear performances and clue packages from The Chameleon, The Phoenix, The Piglet, Grandpa Monster and The Black Swan.
Kicking Things Off In Miniature
5: 00 PM:
After circus-themed opening quantity final week, this episode is beginning off inside a miniature doll home (and options Nick’s voice over as soon as once more).
Also, they present a clip from the large reveal from final week’s premiere, and I’m nonetheless shocked and baffled that The Snail was Kermit the Frog.
Also, I’m pretty sure this intro may have super-fans pausing and pouring over each miniature room for clues that will or might not even be there.
If you are making an attempt to crack the thriller of the costumed contestants like the remainder of America, try our working record of spoilers, hints and greatest guesses, the place we break down all of the clue packages and make wild (surprisingly correct) predictions concerning the singers’ secret identities.
Last week marked the season 5 debut, and the jam-packed episode ended with one of the stunning and baffling unmaskings within the present’s historical past when The Snail was voted off, and revealed to be none aside from world-famous Muppet actor Kermit the Frog!
“You know what, it was a pretty cool feeling,” Kermit advised ET’s Nischelle Turner after being unmasked. “You know, I’ve been in movies, I’ve been on TV, I’ve done a lot in my career but I’ve never tried to sing from inside a snail. This was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so I leapt at it.”
Check out the video beneath for extra on the wild season 5 premiere!
Kermit the Frog Shares Why ‘Masked Singer’ Is a Career Highlight
‘The Masked Singer’ Season 5 Premiere’s Best and Biggest Moments!
‘The Masked Singer’: Season 5 Clues, Spoilers and Predictions
Niecy Nash on Why Hosting ‘The Masked Singer’ Made Her Cry