Join my electronic mail listing and get FREE ACCESS to the MSM Freebie Library, together with my high printables & eBooks.
March 31, 2021 | Crystal Paine
I just lately shared some methods on Instagram which have helped me to really feel much less confused:
1) Recognize that usually, stress is a alternative. No one can *makeme confused (or offended or unhappy or completely happy, for that matter). I can select my response in any scenario. I can’t all the time select my circumstances, however I can select my response. And my response is my accountability.
2) See stress as an indicator that one thing is out of line. Instead of simply assuming stress is a traditional, unavoidable a part of life, view it as a warning flag or verify engine mild. When I begin to really feel that stress rising in my chest, don’t simply suppose, “Here we go again.
3) Ask myself: What am I feeling? Why am I feeling this way? Where is this coming from? I seek to go deeper than just the surface level feelings and keep asking why until I get to the root cause. For me, stress is almost always the result of me trying to micromanage or control something or someone in my life instead of resting in the Lord.
Note: So often, we want to just slap a bandage on stress (“take a bubble bath!” Or “eat some ice cream!”) as a substitute of doing to work to dig into what’s beneath our stress and to unearth that and course of by that in order that we don’t simply hold going again to the identical emotions of stress over and over.
4) Once I’ve recognized the foundation explanation for my stress, then ask: What can I do about this? Maybe some contemporary air and sunshine or a nap or verbally processing with a pal or asking for assist?
For me, probably the greatest issues is for me to cease, set my timer for a couple of minutes, take some deep breaths, and actually verbally launch the strain I’m feeling to God. To inform Him out loud precisely what I’m feeling and the way I’m scared or nervous or involved or upset a couple of scenario after which to verbally launch that scenario to Him and ask for His assist. Many instances, I’ll repeat this train just a few instances till I really feel the burden lifting from my shoulders.
These 4 mindsets/methods have utterly reframed the best way I view stress and have allowed me to stay with a complete lot much less stress and a complete lot extra calmness — regardless of what’s going on round me!
After I shared this, so lots of you resonated with it and responded to it that I needed to do a podcast episode devoted to sharing extra and discussing this with Jesse (he has some totally different views on issues, which I believe you’ll discover useful, too!)
Jesse and I additionally speak about having our first official driver, what’s saving our lives, and two books we’re studying.
In This Episode:
[00:33] This is the earliest we’ve ever recorded a podcast and we’re sharing methods to emphasize much less.
[02:04] Kathrynne is an official driver!
[04:27] A reader wrote in to share why she will get amusing out of our introduction.
[07:17] A tablet crusher is saving Jesse’s life proper now. Learn why!
[09:16] Bonus life-saver for our new little child boy: an infusion pump.
[10:23] Just doing the subsequent factor is saving my life as a result of there’s a lot happening.
[13:00] Jesse has a ebook replace as a result of he’s lastly studying a brand new ebook!
[14:11] I just lately completed listening to Before I Called You Mine.
[16:24] How stress used to outline me.
[19:16] These 4 methods have labored for me, however a caveat earlier than we begin speaking about them…
[20:14] I needed to acknowledge usually that stress is a alternative.
[23:13] Jesse clarifies the selection you have got in reacting to demanding conditions.
[25:34] I’ve additionally discovered to see stress as an indicator that one thing is out of line.
[27:18] I now cease, ask myself what I’m feeling, after which take a second to hearken to my physique.
[30:45] Next, I ask myself what I can do about my stress triggers.
[33:27] If I cease and acknowledge, I’m extra prone to discover peace across the scenario.
Links and Resources:
- Pill Crusher
- Infusion Pump
- Right Cross by Andrew Huff
- Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese
- Jesse’s Struggle with Anxiety (podcast episode)
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love so that you can observe me there! I often hop on at the least just a few instances per day and share behind-the-scenes images and movies, my grocery retailer hauls, humorous tales, or simply something I’m pondering or would really like your recommendation or suggestions on!)
- Have suggestions on the present or ideas for future episodes or subjects? Send me an electronic mail: email@example.com
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is offered on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can hear on-line by the direct participant right here. OR, a a lot simpler method to hear is by subscribing to the podcast by a free podcast app in your telephone. (Find directions for how one can subscribe to a podcast right here.)
Ready to dive in and hear? Hit the participant above or seek for “The Crystal Paine Show” in your favourite podcast app.
Subscribe at no cost electronic mail updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking at no cost!