Mario Kart Tour from Nintendo has actually gone beyond $200 million in gamer costs and also 200 million downloads, preserving its setting considering that launch as one of the largest mobile auto racing video games worldwide, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence information programs.

The extremely prominent franchise business had an excellent beginning to life on mobile, competing previous 100 million downloads and also acquiring $17.8 million in its initial 11 days following its main launch on September 25, 2019. It exceeded its initial $100 million in simply much less than 6 months, powered by the title’s Gold Pass membership, readily available for $4.99 each month, which makes it possible for gamers to get even more in-game benefits such as Gold Gifts and also accessibility to 200cc races.

During the in 2014 from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, Mario Kart Tour was Nintendo’s No. 2 earnings creating video game, gathering $92.7 million in earnings worldwide from the App Store and also Google Play. It rates behind the author’s largest mobile hit to day, Fire Emblem Heroes, which collected $163.4 million because time, and also over Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, which produced $78 million.

Top Nintendo Mobile Games by Worldwide Player Spending From April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021

Pole Position

The United States has actually been one of the most financially rewarding market for Mario Kart Tour, creating near $76 million in life time earnings, or 37.6 percent of the total amount. Japan rankings No. 2 with 28 percent of international gamer costs, while France rankings No. 3 with 7.3 percent. The App Store comprises the lion’s share of earnings, grabbing 63.4 percent of complete life time earnings. Google Play, on the other hand, make up 36.6 percent of gamer costs.

When it pertains to download and install, the U.S. once more rankings No. 1 with 37.4 million downloads, or 18.6 percent of the total amount. It’s complied with by Brazil in No. 2 with 9.4 percent of all downloads, and also Mexico in No. 3 with 7.8 percent. Google Play triumphes for downloads, creating 56.2 percent of international installs to day. The App Store, on the other hand, make up 43.8 percent.

Top Racers

Using Sensor Tower’s Game Taxonomy and also Game Intelligence items to examine the mobile Racing style around the world, we can see that Mario Kart Tour rated as the No. 4 earnings creating title in the group from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. The leading earning title was KartCyclist Rush+ from Nexon, which has actually produced roughly $169 million over the in 2014. QQ Speed from Tencent rated No. 2 with greater than $146 million, while CSR Racing 2 from Zynga-had NaturalMotion rated No. 3 with $121.5 million. Looking at simply the U.S. market, Mario Kart Tour was the No. 2 earnings creating mobile racer throughout the duration, grabbing $35 million, placing behind CSR Racing 2, which produced $73.3 million.

Top Grossing Mobile Racing Games in the United States from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021

Like all various other classifications, the Racing style has actually seen solid development over the in 2014. In the U.S., Racing video game earnings from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 climbed by 24.3 percent year-over-year to roughly $202 million. Without the high account launch of Mario Kart Tour because duration, nevertheless, total group downloads dropped by 13.7 percent Y/Y to 99 million.

Gap in the Market?

While Mario Kart Tour has actually not had the ability to maintain the highs of its huge launch, it has actually kept a rather regular earnings stream, creating $7.7 million generally each month around the world over the in 2014. The title is an instance of the power of huge IP in creating launch buzz, specifically essential with the impending IDFA adjustments. Meanwhile, the financially rewarding returns in Asia from giant racers KartCyclist Rush+, Crazy Racing KartCyclist, and also QQ Speed, which in between them have actually produced $1.5 billion in life time earnings, recommends there can be larger market capacity in the West for the Racing style than we’ve attended day.

Sensor Tower’s Store Intelligence system is an Enterprise degree offering. Interested in discovering more?

Request-demo