The Masked Singer returned on Wednesday for the long-awaited Spicy Six showdown! ET is following alongside all through the whole episode to interrupt down the night time’s largest moments and most revealing clues!
Tonight, followers will see some show-stopping performances from The Piglet, Robopine, The Yeti, The Russian Doll(s), The Chameleon and The Black Swan — earlier than saying goodbye to one more proficient singer.
Before the double unmasking, America’s favourite panel of movie star “detectives” — Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong and Jenny McCarthy, in addition to visitor panelist Chrissy Metz — will attempt their greatest to guess the singers’ secret identities, as viewers at dwelling hold their eyes peeled for all of the smallest and most revealing clues.
The enjoyable kicks off at 8 p.m. PT/ET on Fox, and you’ll watch and comply with alongside as we delve into the fantastic insanity and weird, charming chaos that’s The Masked Singer season 5!
Who’s Under the Mask?
6: 02 PM:
As it seems, Nicole has some good instincts and Chrissy may be among the best visitor panelists with regards to choosing up on clues!
After Nick figures out how one can even get Robopine’s masks off, it seems he actually is Tyrese!
“You just made out show a lot cooler!” Nick declares, earlier than asking why the star did this present within the first place.
“You know, when you have two daughters, you look for those moments to sit in front of the TV to do something fun as a family. So here I am now in a Robopine outfit,” he shares. “I just want to thank you all for the love.”
First Impressions and Final Guesses
6: 00 PM:
Jenny’s First Impression: Jamie Foxx
Jenny’s Final Guess: Jamie Foxx
Nicole’s First Impression: Jamie Foxx
Nicole’s Final Guess: Tyrese
Ken’s First Impression: Jamie Foxx
Ken’s Final Guess: Wesley Snipes
Robin’s First Impression: Ginuwine
Robin’s Final Guess: Terrence Howard
Chrissy’s Final Guess: Tyrese
And the Singer Going Home Is…
5: 57 PM:
WOW, in some way it is Robopine getting the axe this week! Despite a gorgeous and emotional quantity, a wealthy voice and a top-notch costume! That’s really stunning.
Chrissy straight-up yell’s “No!” and Nick says, “I’m just as confused as you all.”
It’s Time to Vote!
5: 53 PM:
It’s that point once more, the place the viewers votes for who they like most, and the contestant with the least quantity of votes has to unmask.
With all of it down to simply six singers, I’ve a sense we may be saying goodbye to The Chameleon, simply due to the power ranges of the efficiency, but it surely’s actually anybody’s guess.
As common, we’ll have to attend till after the business to seek out out who’s going dwelling.
The Chameleon Pays Tribute to The Dragon
5: 52 PM:
Last season, The Dragon turned out to be Busta Rhymes, and this week The Chameleon is taking over one his his fellow reptile’s hits.
Decked out in a particular dayglo ensemble that appears fairly a bit completely different from his costume up to now, The Chameleon delivers a flawless cowl of “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See.”
It’s a bit low-energy, however the panelists appear to like it, and there is not any denying that The Chameleon’s stream proves he is a professional.
“Oh my gosh, that was some lit legitness,” Nicole marvels. “You just had your own flow and did your own thing, that was crazy! And I’m a groupie.”
For The Chameleon, the thoughts studying x-ray scanner reveals that he is acquired sneaker on his thoughts.
“This clue should take you a step in the right direction. Or maybe the left,” The Chameleon provides, unhelpfully.
Ken suggests it might be his “family friend,” Young Thug.
Jenny guesses it might be Snoop Dogg.
The Chameleon — NEW CLUES!!
5: 48 PM:
– Says, “The secret [to success] is to do something that speaks to you. Like here on the show, I find my groove by making songs my own.”
– We see a plate of orange slices.
– Says, “As a military kid, I always had to adapt from city to city. I became good at making friends.”
– We see a plate pf brownies with an indication studying “Brownies for $ale.”
– We see a ship captain’s hat, and The Chameleon performs with a toy airplane.
The Russian Dolls Have Depth
5: 43 PM:
Finally! After teasing The Russian Dolls’ efficiency of Shallow earlier than the season even kicked off, that is lastly the efficiency we had been all promised!
Weirdly, there are solely two singers this week. I do not know the place the third Russian Doll is, however maybe that is simply one other try at complicated everybody? It’s laborious to inform.
“I had a feeling tonight, this would be the Russian Doll’s greatest challenge,” Robin shares. “But, you were able to show us a new version of yourselves and I think you just got yourselves to the finals.”
The Russian Dolls step up behind the thoughts reader and we see a kangaroo in certainly one of their heads.
“Just like Kangaroos with their joeys, you never know how many of us are going to pop out,” The Russian Doll says.
Jenny thinks it is Hanson.
Robin agrees that it is Hanson.
Ken thinks it might be Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger.
The Russian Dolls — NEW CLUES!!
5: 38 PM:
The Russian Dolls:
– There are solely two of the three dolls on this clue package deal.
– There’s an enormous dime and nickel on show. The dime is dated 2015 and the nickel is dated 1974.
– One Doll says, “When we first started we never expected that putting ourselves out there lie that would open us up to pretty harsh criticism.”
– The different Doll says, “Growing up we were laughed up. Even the way we looked was criticized. Like we could help it.”
– There’s an enormous golden belt buckle and a few golden chains subsequent to a tea set.
– Says, “The haters are gonna hate, but what we were doing was what we love to do.”
– Says, “We embraced not being the coolest because we reached a lot of people who maybe felt like outsiders, just like us.”
– We see an enormous wok and/or frying pan mendacity on a sofa.
– Says, “It’s what’s inside that matters most. Especially here.”
The Black Swan Is a Real Wonder
5: 33 PM:
There actually is not something The Black Swan cannot sing with spectacular energy. This week, she’s bringing some welcome power and candy tenderness with a canopy of Stevie Wonder’s “Do I Do.”
With roses and hearts and again up dancers who’re dressed up like… the colour purple? It’s laborious to inform, however the message is obvious: The Black Swan loves love.
She’s strutting round stage with model, sensuality and sophistication in what may be certainly one of her greatest and most charming performances to this point.
“It is so impressive! Everything about you is perfection,” Ken marvels.
The mind-reader scan reveals a photograph of Mariah Carey in Black Swan’s head and Nick jokes “That’s exactly what’s on my mind as well. There’s a few others, but she’s in there.”
“For the record,” the Black Swan explains, “I’m a huge fan of hers. So passing her record one time was just one of the biggest moments of my entire life.
“I beat her in join 4 one time,” Nick jokes.
Robin suggests Kesha.
Chrissy guesses Christina Milian.
Ken thinks it’s Chrissy’s This Is Us co-star Mandy Moore, and Chrissy disagrees.
The Black Swan — NEW CLUES!!
5: 29 PM:
The Black Swan:
– The Black Swan makes a shaka sign with her hand (aka, the Hang Ten surfer gesture).
– Says, “I’m lastly have a enjoyable, and I’m not as afraid.”
– We see a black umbrella at a dining table with two candles on it.
– We see a cartoon drawing of an atom, a blonde pony and a baby.
– Says, “As a little bit lady, I might put a hat out on the road and sing for folks.” She says she’s “actually making an attempt to channel that fearlessness now that I’m all grown up.”
– We see a can of “Swan Kissed Soda.”
The Piglet Is Beating the Odds
5: 23 PM:
After a high-energy tune last week, The Piglet is slowing things down with a Phil Collins jam this week, and it’s still working for him. He seemingly doesn’t have a weak spot when it comes to the genres that he’s tried.
This week, Piglet is crooning to show off his softer side with a cover of “Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)” and while it’s a far cry from some of his earlier numbers, even when he’s slowing down the music he’s speeding up hearts.
Accompanied by a pianist on a white baby grand, this number proves The Piglet doesn’t need a lot of big sets of pyrotechnics to captivate audiences. And, as the song builds to it’s high-point, even the pyrotechnics feel strangely beautiful.
“That was superior, Piglet!” Jenny yells.
“At the tip of the day, it comes down to 1 factor: how badly would you like it. And it looks like you need it most,” Nicole shares. “For me, that was certainly one of your greatest performances.”
We are about to get The Piglet’s mind-reader clue, but instead of a scan of Piglet’s brain, we see an X-Ray of Cluedle-Doo’s head! So he’s clearly here to steal the clue from the panel.
And they all see legit annoyed by it. I have to wonder if this particular twist is something they will bring back next season, because the panel doesn’t seem to dig it. And also, it feels super unnecessary, but whatever.
However, he gives a seemingly bigger clue when he tells the panel, “I’ve been following [Piglet’s] profession since he caught touchdowns from Dan Marino.”
Robin then threatens Cluedle-Doo by eating a giant bucket of fried chicken that seemingly appears out of nowhere.
Ken thinks it could be Ian Somerhalder.
Robin guesses Taylor Lautner.
Nicole suggests it could be Brian Littrell or Nick Lachey, and Jenny agrees.
The Piglet — NEW CLUES!!
5: 18 PM:
– First of all, it looks weird as hell to see the contestants partially unmask. It’s unnatural.
– Tells a story about his “fraternity days” him and his bros decided to “shave our heads in unity, proper earlier than the large celebration of the yr.”
– We see a set of fake Halloween vampire dentures.
– There are stacks of four gold bars on a table.
– Says he has a “big birthmark on the facet of my head, formed like an apple.”
– There’s a leather chair with white numbers on it. 1 is standing against the back of the seat while 2,3,4, and 5 are laying on the cushion itself.
– Says, “Then, I bumped into the sorority lady of my goals and she or he simply says, ‘You actually need hair.”
– Says, “It all labored out. Then I discovered my actual dream lady who beloved me and my apple head.”
Robopine Turns on the Water Works
5: 14 PM:
Tapping into the R&B well yet again, Robopine is proving once more than when it comes to stirring, heartfelt ballads, he’s definitely got the market cornered — at least among the spicy six.
Crooning a heartfelt rendition of “Water Runs Dry” by Boyz II Men, Robopine is making Nicole and Robin feel all the feels.
The number is simple, beautiful and emotional, and its clear how much soul and pain Robopine is infusing into the surprisingly brief tune.
“You’ve actually been knocking the ballads out of the park,” Robin shares. “You’ve been by a lot in your life and you’ll actually really feel it and listen to it in your voice.”
Robopine’s mind-reader scan shows an image of a lightbulb in his head.
“I’m simply not hurting for concepts. I’m hooked on creativity,” Robopine shares.
Jenny thinks it could be Usher or Forest Whitaker (because they were both in Light It Up).
Nicole suggests it could be Tyrese.
Chrissy thinks it could be a different rapper-actor, Tank.
Robopine — NEW CLUES!!
5: 10 PM:
– When asked to reveal something people don’t know about him, he says, “My household was on meals stamps. It was a continuing battle.”
– We see a popcorn maker.
– He talks about taking a school field trip to a “magical” theme park.
– He says there’s a theme park ride based on a project I had been a part of.
– He says “But it is bittersweet, as a result of somebody who I beloved dearly, who was an enormous a part of all of it, is now not right here. He was taken too quickly in essentially the most tragic manner, however I used to be fortunate to be on life’s rollercoaster with him.”
5: 09 PM:
Okay, so, the season got somewhat invasive with their clues when they started stealing stuff from the contest’s houses, and now they are full-on invading their minds with a special high-tech mind-reading computer!
In case you didn’t realize it already, somehow, this show is flat-out bonkers, and it couldn’t be better.
The Yeti’s “thoughts studying” result (which is basically an X-ray that shows an image in his skull of what he’s thinking about? The internal logic of the Masked Singer’s sci-fi telepathy device is muddled, at best.
Anyway, The Yeti is apparently thinking about corn on the cob.
“Corn popped into my thoughts,” The Yeti adds as part of the clue.
Ken suggests it could be Jason Derulo Vin Diesel.
Chrissy thinks it could be Trey Songz or Miguel.
The Yeti Changes Things Up
5: 06 PM:
The Yeti made Nicole cry last week, and this week he’s getting the panel on their feet and dancing!
The furry snow monster is performing an high-energy cover of Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock’s 1988 megahit “It Takes Two,” and it’s absolutely electric.
Whoever is under that Yeti costume absolutely knows how to dance, and how to completely own an audience. He’s effortlessly fun and is definitely the season’s frontrunner! Especially when he ends his number by doing the splits — IN A YETI COSTUME!
“I imply, he ended within the splits, Nick!” Nicole exclaims after the number. “All I saved pondering was, ‘I wanna go to your present!'”
“He is a multi-threat!” Jenny provides.
The Yeti — NEW CLUES!!
5: 04 PM:
– Apparently, the contestants are “taking it off” in their clue packages? Their faces are still fully obscured, but this might give us an added insight into their physicality.
– Says, ‘Woah, it is weird to come out of hiding like this.”
– There’s a luxurious panda toy within the background.
– We see a man consuming 5 chocolate ice lotions in cones with sprinkles.
– Says, “I’m really just a family Yeti. When my daughter was born, I dropped everything to rush home to be the first to hold her.”
– We see a blue pacifier.
– Says, “I didn’t really see a purpose in life until I became a dad.”
The Panel Has a Special Guest
5: 03 PM:
The present is bringing some star energy with theirguest panelist this week — This Is Us star and singer Chrissy Metz!
“It’s so exciting to be here!” she exclaims.
She ought to undoubtedly make for an fascinating addition.
The Spicy Six Are Heating Things Up!
5: 00 PM:
The present goes for a “spicy” burlesque intro that offers us a sense for what we’re gonna see.
Specifically, the entire contestants this season are “taking it off” tonight. Now, clearly that does not imply unmasking, but it surely’ll be fascinating to see what it really does imply.
In the meantime, if you are making an attempt to crack the thriller of the costumed contestants like the remainder of America, try our operating record of spoilers, hints and greatest guesses, the place we break down all of the clue packages and make wild (surprisingly correct) predictions concerning the singers’ secret identities.
Check out the video under to listen to extra concerning the wild and surprising unmaskings which have already rocked the fifth season of The Masked Singer.
‘The Masked Singer’: Season 5 Clues, Spoilers and Predictions
Bobby Brown Says Being on ‘The Masked Singer’ Was ‘Therapeutic’
‘The Masked Singer’: Week 7’s Biggest Moments and Double Elimination!
‘The Masked Singer’ Reveals Rare Look at The Seashell’s Rehearsal