Posted by Luke Jefferson, Product Manager at Google Play & Raz Lev, Product Manager at Google Play Trust and also Safety
Over the previous couple of years, Google Play has actually seen incredible development. Android applications and also video games have actually come to be a vital component of individuals’s lives, developed by programmers of all dimensions from around the globe, whether properly or simply for enjoyable.
To maintain Google Play secure and also protected and also to much better offer our programmer area, we are presenting 2 brand-new protection procedures: added recognition needs and also 2-Step Verification. These procedures will certainly assist enhance your account protection and also will certainly assist us much better comprehend your demands.
Developer recognition needs
Today, when you produce a brand-new Google Play programmer account, we ask you for an e-mail address and also a telephone number.
With this upgrade, account proprietors of programmer accounts will certainly additionally be asked to offer:
- Your account kind — whether it’s individual or comes from a company
- A call name
- Your physical address
- Verification of your e-mail address and also telephone number
Your call details enables us to share vital details and also updates concerning your application. It additionally assists us ensure that every account is developed by a genuine individual with genuine call information, which assists us maintain the Play Store secure for all customers.
This details will certainly not be public-facing and also is simply to assist us verify your identification and also connect.
In enhancement to getting more information concerning our programmer area, we’re additionally taking actions to enhance protection and also maintain your accounts more secure by mandating that customers of Google Play Console check in utilizing Google’s 2-Step Verification. 2-Step Verification is an extra secure to assist secure your account, your application, and also your customers.
Learn extra concerning 2-Step Verification and also just how to establish it up for your very own account.
Starting today, programmer account proprietors will certainly have the ability to state their account kind and also validate their call information. For currently, proclaiming an account kind is optional, yet it will certainly be needed for any kind of account proprietors that intend to upgrade their call information.
In August, all brand-new programmer accounts will certainly require to define their account kind and also validate their call details at sign-up. We will certainly additionally make 2-Step Verification a demand for the proprietors of brand-new programmer accounts.
Later this year, all existing programmer account proprietors will certainly be needed to state their account kind, offer the needed details, and also validate their call information. We will certainly additionally call for programmers to check in utilizing 2-Step Verification.
In enhancement to these modifications, we’d like to advise you of some finest methods to assist maintain your account healthy and also ensure you don’t miss out on vital details.
- Keep your call details energetic and also as much as day. We might sometimes examine if your account is energetic by emailing or calling the account proprietor utilizing the information supplied, so it is essential that they are exact.
- Consider utilizing a call e-mail address various to the one that you utilize to produce your Google account, particularly if your programmer account will certainly have several customers or is for a company or service. You may intend to take into consideration establishing a devoted common inbox for this objective, to make sure that the right collection of individuals within your group or company can access these vital messages. We urge you to utilize an e-mail address from your very own domain name if you have one.
- The call e-mail address for a company or service account ought to not be a common or individual e-mail address. Make certain to utilize an e-mail address connected with your company.